Monday, November 22, 2010

Setting things straight

I've heard "DON'T STEAL THE JOY OF OTHERS" a few times lately. Sometimes directed at me but mostly directed at others.

Well, isn't THAT a funny statement?

Especially coming from people who constantly spout things like "You're only as happy as you make your mind up to be" and "Joy can only be found within oneself" and "I am the keeper of my own happiness".

IF these statements are true, the opinions of others, should NOT take away your joy.

Let's get some pesky things out of the way about me.

I AM opinionated.

I AM vocal.

I AM NOT a hypocrite.

I DO NOT do things just to please others.

I DO NOT blow sunshine up the asses of people to make myself more likable.

SO...now that we got THAT out of the way, let's get back to YOUR joy.

KEEP your joy. If YOUR joy is YOURS, I can't have it anyway. I can't take it and run away with it and hide it.

If I can take YOUR joy, YOU weren't quite as happy as YOU thought YOU were.

So, get over it. Let me be me and you be you and I can have my opinions and you can have yours.

It's really rather easy.

Try it...you may find you like it.

AND, if you can't do that and accept WHO I am, then maybe we're not the friends we thought we were.

No comments:

Post a Comment