Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Spirit-PLEASE READ & HELP IF YOU CAN!

Ok, most of you know me for my opinions and my willingness to be vocal about them, but this blog is a little different. This blog is FOR someone else. This is about Christmas Spirit and bringing that spirit into the home of a family who doesn't have much right now.

I understand MANY of us are suffering in one way or another and this time of year things become extra hard for some, but this family, The Keown's, have suffered more than most.

Michelle and Alan Keown were in a car accident caused by a BMW who cut them off. Their car hit a guard rail and then flipped over several times. The driver of the BMW fled the scene and suffers no financial responsibility. Alan was in a coma and when he came out of it, he found he was to be confined to a wheelchair for an undetermined amount of time, maybe forever. Michelle, a housewife & mother, fared better, but now she must take care of her husband who was the breadwinner.

The couple have two little girls, ages 8 & 5. The children have explained that they understand that Christmas is about family and NOT about gifts, but it breaks my heart to think they will have NO Christmas. Like their parents, the girls worry about the hard times the family has fallen on. Money is tight and they struggle to take care of the most basic things.

I am issuing a plea for help but please know, Michelle and Alan have NOT asked me to do this. The family's plight was brought to me by an outside source and I contacted Michelle to find out more information. They are people who have ALWAYS done for others and, in fact, the day of the accident, they were on their way home from the house of an elderly couple where they were volunteering time to fix up the couple's home.

I believe in Paying It Forward. I believe these are the type of people Pay It Forward was made for. They deserve Christmas as much as anyone else. They need our help.

If you can send gifts, gift cards, money...anything...it would be appreciated. I will not collect the items myself. You can send anything directly to the family who lives RIGHT in my neighborhood.

Michelle & Alan Keown
608 W. Schulylkill Road
Apt 325
Pottstown, PA 19465

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP YOU ARE ABLE TO GIVE!
GOD BLESS YOU THIS HOLIDAY SEASON!

No comments:

Post a Comment