Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Election 2012

I don't plan to gloat, that's not what Obama's win should be about. 

However, I am shocked at the number of people that I see online (FB, Twitter, blogs, etc) spewing hate and anger.  I can only surmise these are bitter people who feel they were wronged in some way by the outcome of the election.  I feel sorry for them.  I know, had Romney taken the presidency, I would be sad.  I would feel as if we were headed down a terrible path.  I would be afraid.  Maybe the hate and anger is coming from those places inside these people.

BUT, I can honestly say, I never would have behaved the way some folks are IF Obama hadn't won.  I wouldn't be online bashing our president.  I wouldn't be attacking friends and strangers for their decision.  I wouldn't be insulting.  I know I would have gone quiet. 

I hope this country can come together and realize that the only way we can accomplish our goals is through compromise.  I hope our elected officials plan to work together this time and not block EVERYTHING just because it comes from a party that might not be their own.  I want so much more for my son, my sisters, my parents...everyone I love.  I want America to be great because I know we have the potential to be that!  We've been great and although we have moments of greatness, we're not currently great as a whole and that's what we need to be.

I do believe Obama can continue to lead us down the right path.  He has already begun doing what he promised and if he had the support of the Senate AND the House, we would be so much more successful as a nation.

I think we ALL want success for our country.  I just hope we ALL realize what it will take to BE successful and the bitterness will die down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment